Sunday, September 4, 2016

DPP2 windows

With the second daily paper prompt, windows, I had the idea to use some cute owl stickers I recently bought. So I decided to create a blue night scene.
I started by stamping a birdcage stamp randomly with blue ink to create some interest:


Painted over it with some blue acrylic paint


Next I spent the good part of the day struggling with my silhouette, I wanted to create a windows stencil, but it took me a while before I figured out I needed to add some attachments between the window and paper because it just cutted everything out leaving a big hole.
But while trying I liked these arch windows, so I grabbed a gelli print and cut some out, these reminded me in some way of The Sound of Music, so instead of the owls I wanted to add some dancers (the oldest girl with her boyfriend dancing in the rain in the gazebo), the dancers were also cut with the silhouette.


Now it only needed a good quote and If you hear music, dance is just apt for this page.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pages - the black silhouettes against the blue background look fab and I love the windows - I think they are a perfect choice.
    Have a great week and thanks for the visit,
    Diana #20

    ReplyDelete